Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Taco Night


On Sunday, the day before Memorial Day, we had our third "Taco Night". In the kitchen of course was myself along with Stinger and let me tell you what, for a couple of gringos we can make some mean tacos. He's from Texas, I have a Mexican descendant background with my mother's side of the family and my grandfather and we know what's what when it comes to Tex Mex cooking.

We get our recipe for the tortillas off of a website using the tortilla flour my mom sent me and some goodies from the commissary. You haven't had tortillas until you've had them home made. those store bought ones will get you by but it is such a different flavor when they're hand made it's a completely different taco. In all, the tortilla is without a doubt the hardest part.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Making the meat is so easy, just get some veggies like tomatoes, onions, jalapeños, garlic, tomatoes, and whatever else you think has a good flavor. Chop it up, put it in a bag with the meat and some powder flavor things in those little red packets. Make sure and pour a little beer in there for flavor and a good time. Also, I feel like there's another step but I can't think of it right now.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Anyway, it's great, we make the food, drink up, and everyone else just eats and hangs out. I really enjoy it. Another little surprise we had that night was that we picked up a piñata and filled it with candy of course. It was so great. Here's some videos from that night.

I'm going to add some videos later. They're taking a long time to upload and I have to go cut my hair right now.

later
-JSENA


No comments:

Post a Comment