Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Two days in Malaysia

Another country come and gone. Malaysia was pretty awesome I must say. It definitely wasn't the awesomest but it was nice. Granted i was only there for 2 days so I didn't exactly get to do a whole lot and it seems like it's on that second day that you find the cool stuff to do. which was true in this case.
The first day was a shorter one because we didn't get off the ship until about 5:00 PM. We didn't actually get to Kuala Lampur though until about 6:30 because the bus ride from the ship to the city was an hour and a half. It was so boring but it was some major power nap time. When we got out to the city it was just like every other city haha. big buildings, Huge mall. except the cool thing was that everything was really cheap. Out dollar is like 3.3 RM's. stuff was just really cheap. We ate and just walked around exploring for awhile. We found this dude at a stand selling meat on a stick.
Let me tell you something about meat on a stick... Every place I've been. the restaurants are all the same. They all serve burgers and fries and pepsi and if you want italian every country has italian restaurants and if you want mexican they got mexican restaurants.. but it's the meat on a stick that really makes you feel like you're somewhere different. We probably spent 30 malaysian dollars on one dollar a piece stticks. there were so many to try from. I always am on the lookout for food stands on the sides of the streets. that's the good stuff. My Dad knows what i'm talkin about.
After that, we ended up at this bar, me and Stinger and we watched this live band totally jam out. There was this super hot Malaysian girl singing. and she was really good too. but it probably didn't hurt her credibility much that I was probably drunk haha. She was pretty good though. We ended the night there and that's when the bad part of this port happaned. I think I left my camera on the bus back to the ship because when I got back in MAINCOMS I was like.. wait where's my camera. We went back to the bar the next day and they said nothing was found. and the bus drivers were no help. I'm just hoping that somebody turns it in to the lost and found on board the ship. I can't believe it... the one day i don't take a backpack is the day that I lose my camera. I need to always take my backpack.

The next day I was supposed to go on an Elephant Ride but they freakin cancelled it! I was so bummed out. I will probably do it in Thailand though. They say it's the best one. The second day we went to this big pyramid mall thing. It was the best mall I've ever been to in my life. They had every kind of store imaginable and I picked up a few gifts here and there. and i got me some new headphones. As we were walking around this giant mall we saw this place full of people with their feet in fish tanks and the fish were all over their feet. We went to check it out and it's this thing called. Garra Rufa. It's tons of little fish that eat the dead skin off you. it's a pedicure type thing and it's really good for your skin and it was just plain weird so we had to try it. it was one of the weirdest things I've ever done. I can't even explain it. It tickled a lot and they eat all the bacteria and dead skin off. It felt really great when you were done. We got crazy with it and stuck our heads in and the fish were all over us and stuff. Now that I think about it, it kinda freaks me out. Here's a picture...

Image Hosting
There were way more fish for us though

Stinger though put his whole body in the tank and they were eatin him up.. it was funny. it doesn't hurt at all. it actually just tickles. they only eat the dead skin so it's kinda cool. I guess it's really good for psoriasis and skin conditions. Plus the girls working there were pretty hot and they convinced us to pay for massages. haha It was definitely a good time.

So overall malaysia was cool. I wish we could have stayed longer, I would have tried to hang out with those girls but duty calls I guess. On to Singapore tomorrow. I hear it gets pretty crazy. Hopefully they don't cane me like that kid 9 years ago. You should look up some pictures. It's literally an extremely aggressive spanking with a cane that leaves the people completely messed up. It's crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment