Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Australia

This trip is sort of strange because almost everything I was hoping to do didn't get done but yet I had more fun then I would have ever suspected I would. WAY more fun. Uncle Gerald doesn't non-stop talk about Australian things and speak with an Australia accent on Facebook everyday for no reason. This place is absolutely great. Me and my buddy Feichtinger came up with a few reasons why we might be lovin this place so much:

1. There are no fat people
2. Like 80% of the girls are hot
3. Australians aren't walking or driving while on their cell phone non-stop
4. Australians just seem to be enjoying life.

The only downfall is that prices are pretty high but it's worth it to fork over the money. Especially when you're like me and you have no bills. And another quick note on the girls. I have always loved Asian girls (Except ones from actual Asian countries, they're usually annoying) but after hearing an Asian girl with an Australian accent is probably the fastest i've ever fallen in love in my life. And no I'm not getting married or have a girlfriend so chill Grandma and Chrissy.

Two cities were visited. Sydney and Cairns. Sydney was the big city, Seattlesque with large sidewalks and cooler weather. Business people walking around and a nice waterfront. I went to the Opera House and I went to the Bridge and I did all that normal touristy stuff but the most fun I had was on the MWR tour where I got to go offroading through the Australian Rainforest and I got to play a didgeridoo and throw a boomerang. I'd have to say i'm a natural born pro at didgeridoo. I'm like Kenny G on that thing. I could be a revolutionary didgeridooist if I wanted, but I don't. Their loss. City life was pretty dope too. Me and my buddy Feichtinger (A.K.A. Stinger) spent most of our time around Newtown which is a little bar area around the University. It was an awesome time. We were walking down the sidewalk one night and we saw a band and Stinger asked them, "Where is there good music at tonight." and the dudes suggested we check their show out. They were doing some Beastie Boys covers. IT WAS OFF THE CHAIN! We had a blast mingling with the Australians and chillin with the band. We were like the special guest celebrity Americans. It was legit. The next night we did about the same thing and found this great band called Songs.. the name of the band is Songs. it's confusing but they were great and I love their bass player, Ela Stiles.. check the pics:

http://www.scoopmanagement.com.au/scoop/models/332/ela-stiles/

that's right she's a bass player... an awesome one too.


but yeah. Sydney was great.

Cairns was more fun in the sun. Me and Jones got overnight at this awesome hotel/apartment thing. I wanted to live there and not even go back to the ship. The first day we weren't allowed to leave the ship until like 8:00 PM so by the time we left the ship and got to our hotel it was about 10 and I just wanted to crash. It felt so good sleeping in a real bed. I woke up so refreshed the next mnorning. Sleeping under a fan was the best. These little things get forgotten and when I get to feel them again, it's the best. Alright now Cairns was cool but here's the part that you're all gonna be mad about. I didn't get to see the Great Barrier Reef. Everytime I tried to sign up for an MWR Tour they told us that it was too late they weren't selling anymore that day and I work night so it was kind of difficult to be there on time and so we were going to get a tour out in town but nobody did same day after like 8 AM. it was bogus. we did some snorkeling out at Green Island but it was definately a huge let down. It just gives me more incentive to be back... cuz trust me like the governator "I'll be back". ya feel me. It was a good time. and unlike Guam, I made sure and wore some sunscreen and I didn't get fried like a lobster.

There isn't a whole lot I can say to express how much I loved Australia. It felt like there was so much for me to discover there. I didn't do very much but i saw that there was so much to do. It's like this. I'm not saying that Australia is anywhere near as awesome as the ol' USA. but imagine all the things there are to do in the US. NY City, Yosemite, theme parks, beaches, all kinds of stuff. Well it would take forever to do all that in one trip. That's what it's like here. There was so much to do but I couldn't do hardly any of it. I am a little sad to go. It's time to head off to more asian countries where grown women wear Hello Kitty and guys have little dangly decorations on their cell phones... WHOO!!! Hey at least the food is good.

Oh and by the way.. KANGAROO MEAT SUCKS!! Gerald, I don't know what you were talkin about man.. that stuff SUCKS!! haha. I ate a Kangaroo steak and i found myself eating the little Carrot shavings off my salad faster then the steak itself. Boo to Kangaroo!!

1 comment: